Easy Beginner Crochet Blanket Pattern

This blanket is such an easy blanket to make! It is quick to make, and a perfect throw blanket.

It's simple and breathable. 

I originally made this blanket as a birthday present for my roommate. It became one of her favorite blankets. She loved how it's simple, pretty, but also very functional. It is very breathable, making it a great blanket for the hot summer months. 

This blanket is also oversized. I sized it to be wide enough to fit a double bed. 

This blanket is the perfect pattern for beginner crocheters. It is very simple and repetitive. It is mostly double crochets, which is an easy stitch for beginners to start out on. One perk about this blanket is that with it being mostly double crochets, it is significantly quicker to make than other beginner crochet blankets made of single crochets. Click the links below for instructions on how to do each stitch.

Stitches Used:


I used Bernat baby blanket yarn in coral blossom for this blanket. Bernat blanket yarn is my favorite yarn to use. It is very easy to work with, comes in practically every color, is very soft, and most importantly is machine washable and dryable.

To purchase the yarn that I used for this pattern, click the link below!
Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn in Coral Blossom: https://amzn.to/3qKDZMh (Amazon)


To get the pdf downloadable printable crochet pattern, Click Here

If you make this blanket, let me know how it turns out in the comments section below!

Check out some of my other crochet patterns!

If you're new to crocheting, check out some of my crochet tutorials!

Comments