Rainbow Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern

This baby blanket is such a colorful, fun blanket!

I made this blanket for one of my band mates at church. Her and her husband had been trying to have a baby for years. After years of struggling with infertility, they got prayed over by their small group at church. Not long after they found out they were pregnant with a baby girl!

When I asked my band mate what she wanted for a nursery, she told me that she loved color. This was music to my ears since everyone is going with neutral colored nurseries lately. I found the most colorful yarn that I could find. It reminded me of a rainbow, so I made the pattern have arches. 

This blanket is a great gift for a baby shower. The colors make it pop in any room. The yarn is so soft and squishy. It's a great blanket or play mat for babies. 

The stitching in this blanket consists of mostly double crochets. I would consider this to be an intermediate baby blanket pattern as the stitching gets a little bit intricate when you're turning your work. 

Stitches Used:


I used Bernat baby blanket yarn in mini succulents for this blanket. Bernat blanket yarn is my favorite yarn to use. It is very easy to work with, comes in practically every color, is very soft, and most importantly is machine washable and dryable. 

To purchase the yarn that I used for this pattern, click the link below!
Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn in Mini Succulents: https://amzn.to/3L4Gr7b (Amazon)


To get the pdf downloadable printable crochet pattern, Click Here

If you make this blanket, let me know how it turns out in the comments section below!

Check out some of my other crochet patterns!

If you're new to crocheting, check out some of my crochet tutorials!

Comments