Oversized Striped Beginner Crochet Blanket Pattern


This is one of my favorite couch blankets!

It's simple, and it adds a nice accent to my couch.

I live by the beach, so I have a beachy style house. The blues in this house really help to accent the beach theme. I also like having a minimalist style. The simple stitches and colors in this blanket make this blanket the best accent throw on my couch.

This blanket is also oversized. I intentionally made this pattern wide enough to fit 2 people under comfortably. It also is large enough to use as a bed spread on a twin sized bed. 

This blanket is the perfect pattern for beginner crocheters. It is very simple and repetitive. It is mostly single crochets, which is the easiest stitch for beginners to start out on. Click the links below for instructions on how to do each stitch.

Stitches Used:


I used Bernat blanket yarn for this blanket. Bernat blanket yarn is my favorite yarn to use. It is very easy to work with, comes in practically every color, is very soft, and most importantly is machine washable and dryable. I alternated between 3 colors: seafoam, dark teal, and vintage white.

To purchase this yarn, click the link below!
Bernat Blanket Yarn Seafoam: https://amzn.to/45NDIa0 (Amazon)
Bernat Blanket Yarn Vintage White: https://amzn.to/3r1NAy2 (Amazon)
Bernat Blanket Yarn Dark Teal: https://amzn.to/47W4Y8k (Amazon)


To get the pdf downloadable printable crochet pattern, Click Here

If you make this blanket, let me know how it turns out in the comments section below!

Check out some of my other crochet patterns!

If you're new to crocheting, check out some of my crochet tutorials!

Comments